If you bought a ready-to-go team to begin your next Subbuteo match, you’d miss half of the fun: Try to prepare your own team with decals and colors instead. Crafting is an important part of Subbuteo’s attraction, believe me!
For my first DIY team, I bought a set of Raptor G2 bases, base stickers, blank figures and team decals on the internet (see suppliers list at the end of this post). Then, I needed a pincers and a scalpel to get started.
I used a simple wooden box, painted it and drilled a lot of 22mm-holes in another piece of wood. I fixed felt at the bottom and the top of the box which will protect my figures on any bumpy transport.
- Wooden box: http://stores.ebay.de/midacreativ/
- AL1 Caucasian figures: http://www.mysubbuteo.com/site/Figures.html
- Micro sol: http://www.mysubbuteo.com/site/Paint_etc.html
- Team decals: http://www.mysubbuteo.com/site/Team_Decals.html
- Base stickers: http://www.mysubbuteo.com/site/Base_Stickers.html
- Black bases/Raptor G2: http://www.mysubbuteo.com/site/Raptor_G2.html
- Grey bases/Tchaaa4 Sniper 2.0: https://www.facebook.com/tcha.four